Caviar

I love fish roes (eggs). Popping saltiness inside the mouth to me is delicious (when eating sushi). But I love them fried too. Regardless of size, type of fish blah3 they all taste so good.


I suddenly went curious over Caviar, known it to be super expensive and yummy delicacy but never really thought about why it worth gold. So I read a little.

The most pricey and the best one comes from a fish species called beluga sturgeon (Sturgeon is black caviar the other one is red caviar from Salmon). They are found in Caspian Sea, between Russia and Iran. The older the fish, the more expensive it becomes for its rarity. So now we know why it's a luxury food.

Image from http://www.buybelugacaviar.co.uk. It says there "The most expensive and rare caviar in the world is Iranian almas caviar that is produced by the albino beluga sturgeon at an age only of 60-100 years old."

Price for Iranian Beluga Caviar (not the albino, the normal one):
50g tin £585.00 or around RM3271 *jaw drops*

Now there's cheap version of caviar in tubes and small jars. They even made it into cosmetic products. I prefer to eat them just so you know. People said caviar is one food you shouldn't miss before you die. I'll think about it.

p/s: I love chewy food like Nata de Coco and Sticky Corn (Heh I mean Jagung Pulut)

0 comments: